Saturday, January 30, 2010

null curriculum!

Hi! All PPSE4 !

It is so difficult to identify a null curiculum ! Have anyone of you found one? !

I have my first meeting with Mrs. Kannan on the Feb 8th !

Please let me know your status now and then.

I am planning on India Focus ! or something connected to bangalore heritage, so children can relate to the place they are living or should I take up some thing on waste management !

I still wonder.
Please help me out and post your comments.
I wish u all the best !
Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Think of an area that has not been covered adequately in the curriculum in your subject area or teaching practice. It might be for example that collaborative learning opportunities have been very minimal so you may want to use more of that or it may be that local history has not been included at all in the sos curriculum and therefore that causes a deprivation. What would the impact of this deficit be on student learning? We will discusss this further when we meet on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your guidelines on this are most useful, Dharma. I would encourage all the PPSE teachers to join this discussion as you are all traversing your own paths in arriving at the null curriculum that will stimulate the creation of a curriculum that you consider practically useful.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete