Monday, February 8, 2010

Null curriculum

My meeting with Mrs. Kannan, was very useful today. I have considered her inputs and suggestions.

I spoke to Nishita and did a brainstorming, too.

We discussed how children lack hands on experiences in using scientific apparatus.
To have hands on experiences in using a simple science kit or doing a experiment.
We felt that this is an very important aspect for children to have a scientific bent of mind.

I saw an article on - " The Implementation of a Science Lab for Elementary Schools K-3 " from the net. J.V. Narlikar, article entitled 'No Fizz and Spark - Decline in Science Education' published in Times of India (6 May 1999, p.10). I have taken a print out to read. I need to read more on it. Hopefully by next meeting I have something ready in hand to show to Mrs. Kannan.

Bhagya

No comments:

Post a Comment